Oasys is seeking talented, entrepreneurial thinkers and business leaders to be part of our future. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
Thank you for your interest in joining Oasys Water. As vacancies become available they will be listed below, however, as Oasys continues to grow we are always looking for new talent. If you don’t see an open position that fits your experience, feel free to send us a resume and cover letter. Please send all career inquiries to email@example.com.
Note to recruiters
To be able to manage our flow of candidates we do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from the candidates for current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited referrals and/or resumes in advance of a signed agreement between Oasys Water and the recruiter are deemed gratuitous and Oasys Water will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fees if such person is hired. Thank you in advance for your adherence to our process. For any hiring needs, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oasys Water is seeking a motivated Application Engineer with a can-do attitude to join our technical sales support team at our Cambridge, MA office. Reporting directly to the head of Application Engineering and Account Management, this position is a mid-level role which focuses on sales support efforts to drive growth in our business.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Evaluate applications and develop designs using the Oasys technology platform to achieve customers’ objectives;
- Support the development of full treatment system process designs for systems including oil/water separation, conventional water treatment, and membrane desalination technologies;
- Work with partner companies to establish overall project plans;
- Assess process risk, review warranty requirements and prepare recommendations to management for approval;
- Develop project scope and execution strategies including project schedules and manufacturing plans;
- Prepare and issue budgetary and firm proposals;
- Preparation of PFD and P&ID sets for projects;
- Preparation of BOM and Equipment Lists;
- Develop and maintain cost estimates and models to support proposal efforts including working with suppliers and manufacturers both domestically and internationally;
- Support generation of sales drawings as required;
- Provide support for continuous benchmarking and knowledge of the market (overall trends, competitors, new technology, etc.);
- Work cross-functionally across the organization ensuring continuous improvement of the Oasys commercial offerings.
The successful candidate will have been directly involved in developing technical proposals in the membrane market or adjacent market space.
Education and Qualifications:
- BS in engineering or other technical discipline required;
- 2-4+ years of experience in a technical role supporting membrane technologies, preferably FO, RO, UF/MF. Experience in adjacent or related market spaces will be considered;
- Software skills must include Microsoft Office Suite and some AutoCAD;
- The ideal candidate has the ability to develop Excel Macros and work proficiently in AutoCAD to generate P&IDs and layout from standard GA drawings;
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities while meeting deadlines;
- Team player who also has the ability to work independently and proactively to respond to inquiries and resolve issues;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, both written and verbal;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- The ideal candidate possesses a desire to grow in their career both from a professional and technical perspective.
- Compliance with all relevant safety and work rules and regulations;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25%;
- Continuously strive to be technically competent and current in new developments in relevant fields;
- The position is located in Cambridge, MA;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization and computer skills.
About Oasys Water:
Oasys Water, Inc. is helping solve the world’s most pressing challenge: water scarcity. With a vision to create an abundant supply of fresh water for the entire planet, Oasys is developing innovative forward osmosis (FO)-based solutions for industrial water treatment and desalination. Beginning with the world’s first FO Membrane Brine Concentrator (MBC) technology, Oasys is delivering solutions that are instrumental in creating a sustainable and prosperous global future. For more information, visit www.oasyswater.com.
We look forward to a successful working relationship.